Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Giveaway!!!

As most of you already know, I've been wanting to pull out the sewing machine and work on some handmade fabric projects, as opposed to my usual paper projects. Earlier this spring I started a quilt and worked with my daughters on some purses, but I took a break to complete 2 downloadable classes for Got Crafts?, and I'm just now finding the time to get back to my quilting :) I've been reading quilting/sewing blogs for a while now, and ran across an exciting new website that is about to launch.

The website SEWN will have just about everything you can think of that you would want online as a sewer. There are forums, online advice from industry experts, conversion charts, colour wheels, free patterns and class listings.

There will be interviews with all your favourite designers, quilters, patterns makers and authors. There will be tutorials, podcasts and coverage from shows and articles about all maner of exciting things.

Best of all, there are great unique gadgets - Fabricmatcher, which is an online tool which lets you match patterns to fabrics and see what your project will look like without sewing a stitch, and Find Fabric, which is the niftiest thing that will find the fabric you are looking for without you having to search for it for hours on the internet.

Plus there will be an online buy and sell area called SEWiNg, which is where you can sell the stuff you sew to the people out there who don't sew - and some of the ones who do :)

Now to the GIVEAWAYS!!!! In conjunction with the launch of SEWN, they are having a blog launch party! Not only is SEWN giving away prizes, but bloggers like me are also joining the fun with our giveaways. I'll be giving away 2 items to one lucky winner. All you have to do is leave a comment on this post, and on June 8th (launch day), I'll use the handy dandy random number generator to select a winner! What are the prizes?? :) I'll be giving away 2 1/4 yards of a yummy 100% cotton floral fabric that I purchased a while back....I had planned to do a smocked dress for my little girl, but she got big before I made the dress, lol. In addition, I'll be giving away one free pass to my downloadable class "Playing With Scraps". If you are a sewer and not interested in the free class, you can always pass it along to a scrapbooking friend! Vice versa on the fabric.



So, be sure to leave a comment on this post by June 7th, and check back June 8th for the winner (I'll need your contact info at that time). CHECK OUT all the other blogs participating in the SEWN party.

85 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to this and the May Day Giveaway.

Jennifer said...

How exciting, thanks for the chance to win!

Rosemary Palmer said...

Sewing has always been my first crafty love. Can't wait for launch.

Unknown said...

great giveaway!

Kyra said...

Beautiful fabric! How exciting is all of this? Thanks for the chance to win!

Olivia said...

Sounds great. Playing with scraps looks like a good class from the photos :)

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

What an interesting giveway...please count me in.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the chance to win. Totally laughed at your fabric being for a dress that your daughter grew out of before it was made...story of my quilting career! Thanks! JEnny

Dk's Wife said...

Thanks for the cool prizes! I am participating as well. www.dkswife.blogspot.com

Jules@MoonCatFarms said...

I can totally relate to buying the fabric and having the kids grow out of the project before it's made!

Please enter me in your drawing & thanks for the chance.

Karin G said...

I sew and I scrapbook. More on the scrapbook side lately but using fabric on my layouts too! Great giveaways!

throuthehaze said...

count me in please!

Anne said...

oh what a great giveaway! thanks a bunch!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I'd love the class especially!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the give a way! I know the feeling about not getting a project done before someone grows out of it (18 month old cable knit sweater, I'm looking at you ... )

Jennifer said...

I will have to check it out because I just got my sewing machine out again and have been on a roll. I have made new kitchen curtains, my daughter 2 dresses, purses & matching wallets for year end teacher gifts. Thanks for the chance to win some great prizes.

MooBear Designs said...

How exciting is this!!! Hehe We're having a give away too..YAY
xo Steph

MaMa said...

Lovely fabric! Thanks for hosting this giveaway.
Lisa

grendelskin said...

What lovely fabric! I've had my kids outgrow the Mending pile, never mind the I'm-going-to-sew-it-for-you-pile! thank you for participating, the site is going to be great fun I think.

L said...

I love the idea of winning a class and of course cute fabric. Please put my name in the hat.

galaxie_bleu(at)yahoo(dot)com

Rafael's Mum said...

Just saw this announcement today. It looks like a good new site. Looking forward to the launch. Thanks for taking part and putting up the fabric and cd !

Dee said...

Intriguing, a class. Thank you

ruth said...

How fun, thanks!

Nancy said...

Please enter my name in the drawing. nmratliff at mindspring.com

Barbara said...

I have a whole box of scraps saved up,just waiting for a project. The class looks like fun.

Chasing Snails said...

A downloadable class? Sounds very cool!

Love the fabrics and thank you for havign a giveaway : )

Kerry said...

Wow! A sewing lesson for scraps! Count me in...fingers crossed!

Jen said...

http://handmadehelpsout.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

That does sound exciting! Plus you have amazing taste in colors might I add!

Ange Moore said...

Wow - as a scrapbooker and a newbie quilter both items in your giveaway would be gratefully received at our place! Thanks to you for being such a generous blogger.

free indeed said...

I'm so looking forward to the new site. We'll spend plenty of time there being inspired I'm sure. I too joined the quilt along. I love your pretty fabrics! IT'll be gorgeous. I'm using batiks I had in my stash hanging on to them for no reason...I really need to destash a bit. It won't be as pretty, but I think the color saturation will give it impact nonetheless. I'll keep the fabric if I win and pass the scrapbooking stuff to my DIL. SHe is so good with that and she is actually coming to visit mid June, maybe it'll get here intime to give to her...

Katie B said...

Great giveaway! Thanks!

Tasha said...

what a great giveaway! Isn't the new website exciting!!

Sue said...

Great giveaway! Thanks for offering it!

Anonymous said...

Lovely and such fun!

Deborah
comfortjoydesignsATgmailDOTcom

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are getting into quilting! It is great fun! Love you guys! Jeanne Ann

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

cool. very cool.
count me in,
I have a giveaway too! come see!

La Gitan Mystique said...

Lovely fabric. Thanks for holding a sweet giveaway. How fun! Please sign me up.

Jody

lagitanmystique(at)q(dot)com

Jocelyn said...

Wow sounds like a fabulous giveaway. Thanks for joining SEWN. It has been a great way to meet new friends.

Kirsten said...

I have just finished my first quilt too, although it was only a single size one:) Yours looks gorgeous already - love the fabrics you have used!!

Mel G said...

Ooohhh... I'm a sewer and a scrapper too!!! What a great giveaway, thank you for the chance to win!

sandyandcosmo said...

What a great giveaway, playing with scraps looks like a lot of fun!

sandyandcosmo(at)yahoo(dot)com

Meghan said...

Great giveaway - count me in!!

Rafael's Mum said...

thanks for taking part Angela. hope to see you on dana's site soon when my fabric for the quilt finally arrives !

Treasuresofjoy said...

I LOVE that flower fabric Flowers are my favorite!!
Great giveaway!

Sue Cahill said...

What preety fabric, I would love to be entered!

Sue Cahill (sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)

Anonymous said...

once a quilter always a quilter...you're giving me the itch to pull out some old quilt projects..LOL! We crafters always have a project going on:)
Melisa :)

Carol R. said...

I love the colors you have chosen for your quilt-a-long quilt, nice, bright colors. Thank you for the opportunity to enter your giveaway.

Anonymous said...

What a great giveaway, these giveaways have really helped me find such wonderful blogs! Thanks
BlRohloffATaolDOTcom

isabel f. said...

wow!! love this giveaway!!
count me in, please!!
hugs Isabel

vada0427 said...

I so love give-aways! Your prizes are awesome - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your randon number generator likes me!

Karen G.

Anonymous said...

THANKS SO MUCH. I LOVE GIVEAWAYS--HOPE I WIN

Joyce said...

Great giveaways. Thanks for the chance to win.

Lotta said...

Great giveaway! I'd love to be entered in the drawing for your nice prizes,
Lotta

danielle said...

wonderful! thanks for the chance!

Erin Sew said...

sweet one!
this SEWN is really happening!
if you like batek prints try your luck on my giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of Sewn. I can't wait for it to go live.
bryghtrose at gmail dot com

pastrymama said...

Would love to win your giveaway. Thanks for the opportunity.
pastrymama1@yahoo.com

A Joyful Chaos said...

What a sweet giveaway! I would love to be the winner!
ajoyfulnoise@live.com

Anonymous said...

I switch between quilting and scrapbooking - I love them both!

isabel said...

whaaaaaaoooooo.... cool giveaway !!!

alexandra said...

i ADORE fabrics... love to create my layouts with fabric
thanks for the chance

isabel scrap said...

Thanks for the inspiration you share ...
have a nice day

vitoria said...

Cool prize, love to win it... thanks for the chance to win

isa dona said...

I love to sew, and I love to scrap... and I love to mix the 2
great giveaway

guillauma said...

count on me for the winner !!!! ;-)
thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

you have such a beautiful fabrics !!! it's my passion... thanks for the chance

amy dame said...

what a fabulous giveaway - i'm both a sewer and a papercrafter, so it's perfect! thank you so much for the opportunity to win!

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing ~ I'd be very happy to win these!!
SusanB

chookie said...

both gifts look great. thanks for chance to enter

leana said...

Oh, that's a class I wanted to take!

Suzy Girl said...

Thanks for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I have always loved to sew, but then got into scrapbooking and it took away my sewing time. Lately, with my first grandbaby being five months old I have gotten the sewing bug. I would love to win the fabric and then I can make her a pretty dress.
Thank you for the opportunity.
Cindy (Texas)

isabel f. said...

wow!! lovely giveaway!!
count me in, please!!
hugs Isabel

Kim said...

Great giveaway! Hope I win :-)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

The fabric looks beautiful and it would be fun to take an online class - I scrapbook and quilt! Thanks for participating in the SEWN launch give away.

Karen said...

Oh this looks fun! Thanks for the giveaway!

Victoria M. said...

Love the fabric. Please enter me in the giveaway. Thanks

Jblanton said...

great prizes- thanks for the chance to win

CathyB said...

Wow! I love the fabric and would really, really love to win a spot in your Playing with Scraps class! Thanks for the chance!!

Ines said...

Looking foward to this great giveaway.... I cant wait

For the Keeper at Home said...

What a great giveaway!
Thank you for the opportunity!
mrs B

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Would love to take your class! Thanks for the chance to win.

Roberta said...

Don't know if I'm too late to get in on this but I would love to be entered. Great giveaway!!

Anonymous said...

Jumping in at the last minute. Would love to take one of your classes.

Lori H.