Saturday, April 28, 2007

blog neglect

It seems quiet around here, huh? I've been in a reflective mood this week - thinking about Jennifer and Joey - thinking about life and how I live it and how I should be living it.
I attended a local crop last night. I found out that a local girlfriend had begun scrapbooking, so I invited her, and she came along :) My sister was there, along with other scrappy friends, and we had a very nice evening. For 2 hours I tried to just put a page together....I pushed things around (my husband thinks that is a funny way of putting it), to no avail. Finally, I pulled out a class I needed to design for fall, and got moving on something! I'm working on 6 new classes, plus 2 that I've taught once before, for Simply Southern Scrapbook Convention to be held in October in Huntsville, AL. Registration opens early, so I must have the designs finalized by mid-May.
And I've also been in an "Amy Butler" state of mind, lol. K&Co asked me to design 3 double page spreads for a class in the fall, so that kept me busy this week. It also gave me a good taste of Amy's designs, and I'll admit....that quilting bug that has been biting me took a good NIBBLE. I ordered a couple of her new patterns, and some fabric, to do some sewing this summer. Olivia and Michaela both want purses and Amy's darling ditty bags. I want to make myself a skirt (I've NEVER sewed anything for myself), a purse, and a quilt/throw for my newly painted living room.
What about you? Any other hobbies besides scrapbooking? Are you a quilter, and have some tips or ideas for me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also am a quilter, although I had to set aside most of my quilting when I went back to work. Between quilting and scrapping I get plenty of therapy. They both just make me happy! The best advice I can give is to use quality fabric. There's nothing worse than spending hours on a quilt to not have it hold up to use. There are some great fabric lines that work togther just like all the paper lines. I know Amy Butler's fabric is wonderful, and I just ordered her paper this week - can't wait to create with it. It just so happens she lives about 10 minutes from me and one of my friends does sewing work for her. It's a small world. My prayers are with your friend and her son. Take care! Shari

Joyous said...

I used to d so so many crafty things before I was consumed by scrapping...kinda sad, actually. I used to do quite a bit of knitting, some sewing, a little quilting, now all I touch is paper and I send all my yarn to my little sister, heh. :)

scrapbooking for others said...

I used to quilt...before I started scrapbooking and reading blogs! If I quilt now, it is with paper on a scrapbook page! LOL