Monday, August 06, 2007

fire trucks on the runway

Lots and lots of fire trucks. Thankfully, whatever caused our pilot to issue a "state of emergency" with the tower in Atlanta wasn't serious enough to have us exit the plane under emergency conditions. After landing, the Fire Marshal circled the airplane, gave us the thumbs up, and allowed us to taxi to the gate. I never know when I go on these scrapbooking trips exactly what will happen going and coming. But, I do know that I will meet some AWESOME scrapbookers, and I'll enjoy myself - well, I did enjoy myself at Dee Scrapbook Store in Ft. Myers, despite having a terrible sinus infection that caused me to cough and blow my nose quite often, lol. And despite the fact that I arrived home at 1:30AM this morning, and had to be up bright and early for the first day of school for my girls. My hubby tried to convince me to just get a hotel in Memphis and drive home after I slept. But, although I've missed a few birthdays, I did NOT want to miss the first day of school if I could pour enough coffee down me to keep me awake for the 2+ hour drive home. I can nap today, right? :)
Thank you to Dee and all her lovely ladies who came out for classes and cropping this past weekend. I know they gave up precious time with family and friends to hang out with me. Dee is so much fun, and I'm glad I was able to spend her first "birthday" with her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my Oh my....what a scare!! Glad you are home safe and sound for your girls' first day of school.

Cindy F said...

Oooo, scary. I'm glad everything was okay.

Heather said...

That's scary, Angelia! Glad you made it back safe & sound for the first day of school. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home safely! :)
julie