Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend in Indianapolis




It was a blast! Not only did I get to hang out with a good friend, but I met and made new friends as well :) Here are a couple photos from the class at Memoirs in Carmel, and one of Val and I. I'll post some more very soon (waiting on a friend to forward them to me). Valerie Salmon, her son, Ian, and I were able to share a wonderful lunch with Julie Scatteregia. I had met her long ago when I took one of her classes at CKU (Nashville, I think). I've always been an admirer - not only of her work, but also of her teaching style, and her sincere smile. I wasn't disappointed in the close up version either ;)

I taught classes at Creative Resort, and I met the owners Julie and Ron Sturgeon. Julie has the most incredible blue eyes (no photo, so you'll just have to believe me), and a positive attitude that won't quit. She and the ladies at CR (you know who you are!) made my time there a joy.

But, after 4 days, I was missing my family, so I was glad to see them on Sunday :D

9 comments:

Jen Gallacher said...

Oh, what a fun trip!! I'd love to meet Valerie and Julie in person. Lucky girl!! :)

Anonymous said...

We were tickled pink to host you, Angelia! I can't believe we didn't get a photo together -- I had every intention and then my brother-in-law dropped in unexpectedly during the Beat the Heat class and threw me off kilter. (He's a sweet guy with a heart of gold, but he doesn't take a hint very well and he's difficult to get away from. I've actually been tied up on the phone with him for more than an hour over a simple detail in a brochure. Yep, this is a GUY I'm talking about!)

So we'll just have to do another weekend again in the future, huh?

Julie
Creative Resort

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!
HOw fun to spend time with Valerie too!

Heather said...

I'm glad you had a good time. That's a great picture of you and your friend too! :)

Anonymous said...

Wish I could travel to go to your classes. Do you know if we can purchase any of your kits from the Simply Southern event? i looked at your classes and love the sneak peeks but I'm up in New England and can't get to the event :(
If you wouldn't mind letting me know, my email address is kcpats2 @ yahoo dot com (without spaces)
thanks a bunch!
kelly

Anonymous said...

Angelia, I just noticed that you would be teaching in Nashville during the Scrap etc. event. I'm not sure this is a proper thing to do but would you be interested in teaching at Scrappuccino while you are in town. LFields624@comcast.net
Lola

Debi said...

I am asking the same question as Kelly. I tried to buy a kit from your class at Creative Resort but she said there were not going to be any extras. So, is there a ways to buy them from Simply Southern without attending the event? Please email me if you have any info at dlcc10@yahoo.com.

Erin Campbell-Pope said...

Looks like you had a great time Angelia! Thanks for sharing the neat photos.

TracieClaiborne said...

Hey girlie!
Sounds like you had a great time!
I would love to hang out with you and Valerie sometime.
I really want to meet her in person.
Maybe it will happen someday.
I hope you take Lola (above this) up on her offer to teach - then I could see you!