Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thinking about making a change




It's that time of year...springtime, one major project ending, and the girls out of school for the summer. I love having them with me at home. This past weekend, we visited my friends, Aubrey and Janet Domenick, at their home by the lake. What a wonderful time we had! Their daughter-in-law, Toya, was there with her sons Wesley and Jared. Between Aubrey's hamburgers and Toya's chicken wings, I'm sure to have gained 5 pounds, lol. Janet and I talked photography a lot. She recently purchased a Nikon D80 (same cam as I have), and she's been wanting to delve deeper into the features that make it such a great camera. Up above you see 3 of my pics from the weekeend - Michaela on the neighbor's dock, Wesley in the ball pit, and Olivia letting me know what she thinks of me and my cam ;)

Okay, but back to the change I mentioned. I'm thinking about moving over to Typepad, with it's added functionality and features, AND I'm thinking I'll begin something I've thought about off and on for 2 years - designing and selling my layout designs as kits. I've been asked about it many times, and I think I'm finally at a place that will allow me to do that. I love traveling to stores and retreats, and I will continue to do that. The scrapbook store classes will be different from the exclusive online kits. I'll give more details later, but if you have any input, or requests just shoot me an email at angelia.wigginton@gmail.com. I've already got some ideas brewing, and with my book debuting early next year, I thought it would be fun to work off of some of those ideas. In other words, lots of patterned papers and awesome details. Still in the thinking about it stage....we'll see :D

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. Sounds like you've got a great idea brewing! So glad you and Janet and the girls had a good visit! I'll just bet I've got a ton of goodies you could use in some kits ;)! The problem is that most of it is not current! Have a wonderful day! Tell you girls I said hello!

the medeiros family said...

Hello friend! What a fun weekend...had to laugh at picture of Olivia! Sounds like an exciting change! :)

Leah said...

How exciting about your book! I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for it!

Anonymous said...

If you move to Typepad and start up a newsletter alert, please let me know. I definitely can't wait to see what you come up with. Also can't wait for the book to come out.

Take Care,
Izzy

Anonymous said...

i would absolutely buy kits from you! yippee!

Heather said...

It looks like you guys had a blast at the lake! It's always fun to spend time with friends and getaway. :) I think selling your kits is an awesome idea - I know you'd sell bunches!!

Jen Gallacher said...

Your blog is back. Woohoo! :)

Sherri W said...

Oh my gosh, you so SHOULD sell your designs as kits!! Do it - your work is amazing as always.

also, I'm happy about your blog!!

Thanks for recent post about "playing"!!

Heatherbell said...

Do it!!! Both the switch to typepad and the layout sales. And then put my name first on the list to get your kits!

TracieClaiborne said...

Sounds like a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the new venture.

You'll like Typepad. It's fairly user friendly and if you upgrade beyond the "basic" you can really customize the appearance of your site to suit you.


All the best.