Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Need your help

It's not anything difficult, I just need your input. Yes, and that includes those of you lurking and not posting ;) I'm beginning to put together ideas/designs for my summer/fall classes. I'd love to know what prompts you to take a class at your lss. What sort of projects, products, or techniques are you interested in? What themes work for your photos and stories? Even if you've never taken a class, and never plan to, your input is valuable. I'd love to hear from BUNCHES of you! I've never been a fan of one-sided conversations *hint, hint*

On another note - Crop Paper Scissors in Waco, TX, has a few kits available from my Butterfly Kisses and Spring Bling classes. If you are interested, please email me at momtwoangels@yahoo.com, and I'll put you in touch with Emmalie. Thank you!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker...I have never taken a clas at a lss. I'd say right now the only thing that could me into a class at my lss is child care!! LOL! But seriously, I love doing fun techniques. Stuff that you can use in many formats, minislbums, pages, gifts, etc. Does that make sense?? I'm sure you will come up with some great ideas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angelia~
I would love to put in my "special order" for suggestions :-) Not that you need any great ideas, you have plenty!!!
I could use some Hometown Layouts, Heritage - parents, grandparents, etc. and also Pets layouts.
Hope this helps and thanks for asking for our ideas!!!
Hope you are having a great day :-)

Dr. Mechiel Rozas said...

Lurker here. Weeskly reader. I take classes maybe 1-3 times a year. I am thinking about layering rub-ons with stamps with chipboard. I always seem to use one or the other but I want to be able to multi-task with the three on one layout.

Heather said...

Hi, Angelia!! :) You always come up with awesome pages, so I know you don't really *need* our help. ;o) Still, since you asked, I'll second the heritage layouts idea. I'm about to start working on a heritage album, so that I'm up for ideas on that...and I'm sure others could use them too. Also, fun techniques are always good. What about fun ways to do titles? Mine seem to always be blah. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Angelia,
I just found your blog and am so happy! I greatly enjoy your work and appreciate the sweet simplicity of your projects!Here's some class ideas I jotted down:
- Different uses for overlays. I think they are so gorgeous and would love to see some gift ideas using them.
- Unique journaling ideas. It seems I either write in a column, on a tag or do hidden journaling. What are some clever ways to journal?
- Scrapping without pictures. I'm starting my family heritage album and am missing not only photos of ancestors but also photos of meaningful events my parents never thought to document (camping, fishing, family dinner table, etc.). I want to keep these memories but how do I make layouts with interest without pictures?
- "On the Spot" journal book. I need an idea for a book I can premake that will allow me to pass around at Christmas time for everyone to share their thoughts. I'd like each page to have a place to add pictures later. It would make a great gift for the grandparents or a wonderful keepsake for me (in case I can't part with it. Ü. Those are just a few thoughts. Good luck with your classes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angelia!

You are so talented at mixing different papers together with just the right number of embellishments. I think a class on your personal design process would be just brilliant.

Lisa Jackson

Anonymous said...

So yes I admit that I am a lurker. Something that inspires me to take a class at a LSS is creative techniques, home decor LO's (on canvas), anything unique that pops WOW to me. I know I might be vague in my wording, but I don't take a class if it's just a page that is not teaching me anything. I like the creative and "why didn't I think of that"techniques. I have covered a dollar store clock and made a mini scrap page out of it and also did a canvas. I have also seen a little mini book with flip flops on the front as the cover. Hope I didn't go too far on this one, but hope it helps with some new ideas for you.

Anonymous said...

Hello Angelia,

I always love whatever you create, but I would especially like pet layouts, anything vintage or heritage,and ideas for creating layouts with less than perfect pictures. Plus learning new techniques using the latest products is always fun. Thanks for seeking our input.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the class you tought @ Scrappily Ever After last year because the focus was on pretty paper and a few embellishments but mainly how we could manipulate the paper. It was great to take some basic tools that just about everyone has, mix with beautiful papers and perhaps throw in some pre-made items. Keep exploring those types of possibilities. Teach some different stamping techniques or using stamps to do things in a unique way. Maybe students had only done rub-ons on paper - do a rub-on on ribbon. Beautiful layouts on a budget. I am working with my daughter's Girl Scout troop and with limited funds I have limited the scrapbooking supplies to paper, trimmer/scissors, adhesive, journaling pens, markers, crayons, and a letter stencil. It's been so fun and creative! It has me wondering why I'm buying all the fancy things when I look at these terrific pages. For a class, I think either a mini book or the 9" pages worked great. You can put just enough on them to make an impact, but not have to spend a full 3-4 hour class on one page.

Michele

nicole said...

hi angelia - i've posted here before and just love your layouts. i must say i've never taken a class at my LSS {nothing's really grabbed my attention}; but i'd just like to work more with paper. at the end of the day, sometimes i feel like i'm not happy with the positioning of my patterned paper. keep us all posted!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angelia, You probably won't remember me, I was in the Alabama Cutups...I miss those fun times. Anyway, I just saw that you were teaching at the Simply Southern convention in Huntsville and I was so excited to see your name. Now I can say " I knew her before she got famous!"
Take care,
Nita in Bama or "BamaBelleNita"

Anonymous said...

Hi Angelia,
I have to ditto what others said about your use of so many different papers, adding texture to your pages that balance so well, I love doing your kits, you make it fun and easy. More heart pages would be great, to add to all the others I have already gotten from you. You are a blessing.