Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Playing With Scraps" Giveaway

I've got TWO free passes for my new downloadable class "Playing With Scraps" for two lucky individuals!!

Here's how it works - Post a comment on this blog post answering these 2 questions:
1) have you ever purchased an online class/downloadable?
2) what topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format?

That's all there is to it. I'll draw for the 2 winners (using the Random # Generator) on Thursday morning, April 30th, so be sure to check back to see if you WIN! At that time, I'll need the winners to email me at angeliagotcrafts@gmail.com with their email addy for the free pass coupon code. If you've already purchased the class and you win the free pass, no worries - we'll refund your purchase price!

73 comments:

leana said...

1) have you ever purchased an online class/downloadable? Yes
2) what topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format? I like to get ideas to follow so I can use up my stash!

Anonymous said...

Question 1 - No I have never purchased an online class/downloadable but I'm really excited about using them to feed my scrapbooking addiction.
Question 2 - I have a stash that has been building over the last 10 years or so and I always seem to have "leftovers" from products so I'd love to learn how to use up my scraps to make embellishments and layouts.

Fred said...

Question 1 -- Yes, I have purchased several online classes. I generally like classes that give me new ideas, include sketches, help me to use up new stash, teach me techniques, etc.

Stacy said...

I have never purchased an on line class, but I have taken classes with you. I think you and all your work are amazing!
I love mini-books the best and would love to work more with fabrics in projects and new techniques! Can't wait to see your classes! This is SO exciting!

Grandma Shelley said...

I've taken several computer scrapbook classes before...I love them...I mainly take them for the knowledge and creativity that comes from the instructor...have a GREAT day!

GretaB said...

1. not a class, but have purchased online products
2. I'd like techniques and tips that can be used beyond the project(s) in the class. I'd want to be able to use what I learn over and over. Also, it would be helpful to have tips on how to use our own stash in place of what the instructor uses.

ruth said...

1) have you ever purchased an online class/downloadable?
yes

2) what topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format?
either photoshop types (what to do to create better photos) or sketch challenges (yes, I'd pay for good sketches and the continual support of scrappers).

Snooze said...

Q1. I've never purchased an online downloadable class. The thing that stops me is money (not having any that is!).
Q2. The downloadable classes that I most like to look at are mini albums. I also make most of my own embellishments, so layouts, albums etc that use the same product in different ways.

Adriana Puckett said...

1. yes, I have taken many online classes from BPS, Get it Scrapped, Got Sketch, and the Scrap Room.

2. I love the idea already posted about using up my stash. I really enjoy sketch classes and technique classes as well.

Thank you for the giveaway!

-Adriana

Heather said...

1) No, I've never purchased an online class.

2) What appeals to me: I like more generic themes that I can make work with my photos. I also like to ideas to help me use my stash and mix & match different mediums.

ami said...

Q1 - No, I have never purchased an online class/downloadable
Q2 - Ideas for making cards appeals to me. I would download something for fresh ideas (something seasonal) to inspire me.

Anonymous said...

1) have you ever purchased an online class/downloadable? No, but I have purchased downloadable digi stamps to use on my cards and LO's.
2) what topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format? Something that involves using up scraps and making cute embellies.

Mariangeles M said...

1) have you ever purchased an online class/downloadable?
- Sure!!


2) what topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format?
- Themed minis, techniques, ideas to alter/distress/give a new look to what I already own...

BMP said...

I have and I love mini albums.

scrappingnana said...

1. Have you every purchased an online class/downloadable - Yes.
2. What topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format - I also have a stash of supplies I have accumulated over the past 11 years and would love topic/technique on using them. I love learning new techinques. As a side note, I have your new book "Playing With Paper" and I love it.
JoAnn

RobinDiane said...

1. Yes I have purchased a few downloadable classes. I have taken a few online classes too.
2. Topics--I love yours for what to do for scraps. I love sketches also. I need more ideas to use up my stash too!

Lisa said...

Yes, a few. I love sketches and page ideas for multi photos and using pattern paper. Your class sounds great.

Susan said...

I have never purchased an online class, although I have downloaded some free ones. I love the idea of a patterned paper and scraps class - two areas that I struggle with. I would also like classes with layout ideas either by theme or with multiple photos, and I would also like a techniques class to show how to use many of the supplies I see in the store but don't know what to do with.

dawnaclark said...

Ohhh goodie!
1) Yes I have purchased downloadable classes (many of them!)
2) Everyday scrapping appeals to me, since that's what most of our lives are. I love re-purposing stuff too....looking at it in a new way! :)
I am a sucker for a pretty piece of paper and your class and book sound fabulous!
I have admired your work in Memory Makers for what seems like a long time and I can generally spot one of your layouts as I love your style!
Thanks!

Caroline said...

1) Yes I have purchased an online class.
2) I am interested in classes on sketches, new techniques, using up my stash, photography and photoshop classes.

I love your scrapbooking style Angelia!

ScrapCrazy said...

Hey Angelia,

1) No, never purchased.
2) I like ideas to use what I have, not that I'll stop buying. Also since I have a granddaughter now, I'm always searching baby girl pages.

Michelle M

Keisha said...

I have purchased several online classes. The last one was the Got Sketch classes. I love using sketches, using my stash and learning new techniques.

sclugo said...

Just saw your class on the Got Crafts site and was intrigued by it. Question #1-Yes, I have purchased an online class/downloadable. Question #2-I like classes that help me use my stash. I like seeing new ideas, fresh sketches and great techniques.

CathQuillScrap said...

Wow your class sounds great. Here's my answers:
1. I have only purchased one downloadable item, but do download lots of freebies. I've never taken an online class.. timezones, price, etc
2. What topics? How to use up my stash!... just what you've offered.

Unknown said...

1. Yes I had taken online classes.
2. Topics/Themes/Tech. for online classes?: classes that teach me how to make my pages look better(design), how to maximize my tools and actual stash to make beautifull embellishments, mini albums and pages.
Love to have tips and tricks to do fast/inexpensive things to embellish or to add interest to my page. Thanks for the opportunity.

Misty Rose said...

I have purchased online classes...I personally like classes that I can use my own things...and love something that teaches me something I didn't know before...like how to make fun and funky flowers are my next endeavor to find...

Melanie Stanczyk said...

1) have you ever purchased an online class/downloadable? YES

2) what topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format? Loving being able to use stuff I have on hand. I would love to see fabrics, altered stuff and mixed media!

Paula said...

1). Yes, but not for a long time.
2). I love design classes (sketches) and using up my stash....especially when it deals with all my lovely scraps of patterned paper.

Suzy Girl said...

1. yes
2. Mini Album, sketches, cards, working with your stash & patterned papers.

Thanks so much

Susan said...

1. Yes, I've purchased online classes and downloadables.
2. I'd like anything that would give me new ideas, topics and prompts, sketches and suggestions for using products I already have.
Thanks for sharing~
SusanB

Jennifer said...

1.) I have purchased 1 class recently that was a downloadable class.
2.) I would love to see ideas on how to use up whole sheets of paper in a sitting. Such as layouts, cards, etc. So there are no scraps left to file away.
My scraps pile is growing which makes me feel guilty buying more stuff.

Sandra Austin said...

1) Yes, ironically a Got Sketch class.
2) Fresh ways to use older products.

BelindaB said...

1. Yes - I purchased a few online classes over the last 2 years.
2. I love to use a sketch with a theme/propt. This format really inspires me to scrap. I also love a class with a gallery so I can look at what my classmates have created and be even more inspired.

Thanks for this opportunity.

BethW7372 said...

I have purchased an online class (the first class by Valerie & Janna, actually). I like ideas that allow me to use up my stash as quickly as possible...multiple patterned papers, lots of embellishments...but flexible so I don't have to go out and buy supplies for the project.

Luanne from NY said...

1) I have never purchased an online class/downloadable class before...you have my interest up though
2)topics...everyday life....use of patterned paper (can't get enough practice on that from you)....cheerleading...my career....communion....college graduation....home renovations...disney....pool....summer camp....and of course girl pages! Thanks for asking...Luanne from NY

Vicki Owens said...

1. Yes
2. I like to learn new techniques as well as using up stuff I have (like nearly everyone else)

Anonymous said...

1. Yes I have
2. I love cute journaling tags and embellishments.

Jeanne Ann said...

1) have you ever purchased an online class/downloadable? Since I do not have a LSS to take classes I have come to rely on the online area for new fun stuff
2) what topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format? Shoot, I love anything really. I have a ton of supplies and love to find new ways of using up what I have so my hubby can not cringe when the UPS man pulls up!

Chris said...

1) No, I've never "dared" to buy a downloadable class...but I don't know why?!
2) My scraps are overwhelming me...I just love ideas that I can use to kick start my creativity. :)

Lou Spiden said...

Hi,
1.Yes, I have purchased online/downloadable classes.
2. It's not usually so much the theme/topic that interests me - more the convenience that I can do them in a time that suits me and often use items I already have in my stash :)

Lou

Toby said...

Q1: No I have never purchased an online class before.

Q2: My favorite topics/themes/techniques have to be the kits that I have purchased from you Angelia, because you my dear are the bomb. I love your creativity and color schemes that you use.

Melissa LaFavers said...

Yes, I've not actually purchased a downloadable class before, but I've been given a gift of one, and I've done a couple freebies.

Mini books are my favorite projects, and I'd like downloadable classes about all different kinds of minis.

Excellent question!

Ann S said...

Yes, I have purchaed quite a few downloadable classes. I'm very interested in learning more about digital scrapbooking, so that is a big topic for me. Also, any kind of new technique appeals to me. I particularly love classes where you are encouraged to use your existing supply of products, rather than buy something new. I like adapting my own papers and embellishments to projects taught by others.

Lauri G said...

How exciting, this is very generous of you! Fun stuff.

1) have you ever purchased an online class/downloadable? I've purchased an online class before but nothing downloadable
2) what topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format? I like techniques and tips. We have so much scrappy stuff and sometimes I find stuff I don't know really what to use it on.

Amooretto said...

This is just awesome! :)

1.) I have ever purchased an online class/downloadable but I was really thinking about this one b/c I have tons of scraps.

2.) Anything that gets me motivated to pump out many creations using up my stash! I tend to lean toward the layout classes and not the altered art ones.

Steph Ackerman said...

1. have you ever purchased an online class/downloadable? NO
2. what topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format? actually this issue of playing with scraps. I hate to throw away anything and really try to use my scraps before finally discarding them. It seems they always pile up and when they get out of control I have to get rid of them, so I'd love to be able to use them before that stage!
Steph

Kelly said...

Question 1 - I have never purchased an online downloadable class. Have downloaded one freebie class before.
Question 2 - New techniques, working with fabric, photoshop classes, stamping, using up scraps, making my own embellishments (like flowers would love a class on funky flowers).

Jill Felker said...

1) have you ever purchased an online class/downloadable? Yes and if they get me scrapping, I love them!

2) what topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format? Sketches, really different things.

Meredith said...

1. No, I've never purchased an online class/downloadable.
2. Any topic that would better help me use what I have (instead of having to buy scads of products to get the same effect) or learn some new techniques that can be used repeatedly

Just Sew Sue said...

1. Yes I love online classes but find that some classes are disappointing
2. I'd love to use up my old stash and not just the latest products

lenore said...

Yes, I have purchased online/downloadable classes before. I love them although i do not get to do them very often. I love classes that teach new ideas, techniques and generally get my mojo going.

Anonymous said...

yes - i have purchased online/downloadable classes - MANY times!!!
as for what appeals to me, it usually is something that inspires me - it is NOT just to use up my stash. if the project tugs at me then i would consider taking it

Jacqueline said...

#1 yes & #2 anything to do with scrapping. Love the opportunity to win as my mojo has taken a vacation and I'm hopeful it will return soon

Theresa Merkling said...

1) have you ever purchased an online class/downloadable? Yes - several on BCS and lots of digital things.

2) what topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format? I think it would be ideal if you could order a kit then have online class with how to make the projects. I know some people aren't into that, but I love classes where I have tangible results in my hands.

Jennifer said...

Question 1- No, I've never purchased an online class before but it would be really convenient for me as I could take it on my own time. (I have 3 kids ages 3 and under, so my time is not my own, lol!)

Question 2- I love sketches, also using your stash ideas, etc.

BabyBokChoy said...

#1, never have i purchased an online class.

#2, a very detailed instruction on how to do an alteration project, down to ribbon tying with photos, glue using to adhere bulky stuff.

Iliana said...

Have you ever purchased an online class/downloadable?
No. I have participated in classes offered at stores and purchased kits for the classes.

What topics/themes/techniques appeal to you in a downloadable format?
Sketches and detailed instructions. Learning new techniques.

Ines said...

1- No I have never purchased an online class
2- how to mix new with old, where to start

Ginny said...

I've never purchased a class online. I've done classes online that are free & have always loved them. If money wasn't an issue, I would purchase. The kind of classes I would be likely to download are sketches, new techniques, using stash

stinker said...

1) no, i have not

2) i think i'd like stashbuster ideas. i'm not into techniques or minibooks, things like that

Bernice said...

I have purchased quite a few downloadable classes and loved them. The themes that they covered and the ones that obviously appeal to me are lessons on how to use Photoshop Elements more fully, how to scrap digitally etc. I am very interested also in how to use all of my extra and outdated scrap material.

Jean said...

I have never done an online class although I do think I would enjoy it. Our LSS does not have any classes so online is the way I would have to go.

I keep all my scraps. I have a tub of pattern paper and one of solids. I love using them to cut letters or for layering as photo mats, etc.

Thank you for the chance to win.

Keely Livings said...

Hi Angelia! Yes, I have purchased an online class. The topics that appeal to me are organization, sketch design, creating your own embellies. It is important to me that the class be self-paced, so it is flexible with my schedule.

Janet's Joy said...

Yes I have purchased an online class before.
I like classes that show me how to use my standard 4x6 photos and techniques that will help me use my stash and to see it in a new way.
Thanks for a chance to win!

Unknown said...

1) Yes, I have purchased an online/downloadable class.

2) I'm looking for class that inpsire me.

Suzze said...

Yes I have purchased online classes and I love the freedom that they give me to complete in my own time.

Tina Mayo said...

1.big picture class by May Flaum
2.topics : organization one would be cool, then like themes holidays

Chissy Le said...

#1: Yes I've downloaded/attended a few online classes.
#2: I like to see ideas/techniques, like color combos, sketches, etc.

Teisha said...

I've purchased classes in the past from several vendors. I love classes that help me use my stash for layouts. Honestly, I'm mini-albumed out. I need to get those layouts done and in my albums. New techniques are always great!

Ilka said...

Never purchased an online class yet but have eyeballed them- the bad $NZ exchange rate makes them so costly :( I would like to learn new techniques and be inspired to use my stash in a fresh way.

Judi said...

1) I have purchased online classes from Debbie Hodge and Big Picture Scrapbooking and love them I live in an area where there is nowhere to take classes - so the online are the best for me.

2) I would like some acrylic classes - I'd really like to know how to do the acrylic books and make them look like the designers do . . .

I'd also like to see some classes regarding using the stashes we have been collecting for years - and the older items that appear to be "outdated" and using them in the "current" fashion . . .

Thanks for the chance to win . .
Judi

Jennifer (gojenlaw) said...

I have not yet purchased an online class. I would love to learn how to get rid of my scrap pile and not let it build back up.

at822 said...

I am thinking about doing one next month (June) but not yet. to learn new things to do with my stash