Saturday, October 28, 2006

Halloween costumes

Do your children "trick or treat"? My girls enjoy dressing up and visiting the homes of a few friends and relatives. A few years ago, our church began having "Trunk or Treat". It has been a huge success for our small town. About 30 vehicles park in a large circle in the parking lot, with their trunks to the inside. Then, each family hands out candy and treats to lots and lots of little kids in costumes. Some trunks are decorated, some adults wear costumes, and everyone enjoys the fellowship. Michaela loves handing out the candy. Olivia is usually off romping with friends.
We've had our share of princess costumes. This year Olivia decided to be a Japanase girl. Online costumes didn't appeal at all, and not for the price they wanted for something cheaply made. So, I bought the pattern, fabric, and supplies, and made it. Yes, you read right. I actually sewed something besides a scrapbook page ;) And the hours I spent were well worth it. Olivia thinks it is BEAUTIFUL (she said it over and over) and she thinks mom is a fabulous seamstress, lol. Off today to find something for Michaela - she's thinking black cat or witch. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun idea that your church does! I like that! And cute name too!
I'd love to see pics of the costumes! I bet they're beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Opened up my CK today and saw a bracelet with two faces that looked familiar staring back at me. And Yes, I saw your name after lurking here and recognized your kids!! I love the bracelet too!!

Anonymous said...

Ok that is a very cool idea. I love that. I am gonna mention that to some folks at our church. :) wow

take lots of pics!