Friday, October 27, 2006

Poll for the weekend

Because I know you are reading, and I know you want to help ;) I'm getting ready to design my spring workshops. Checking out all the Memory Trend releases, and gathering ideas in my head. I know next month is going to be cold, and the perfect time to dream up and create new projects for spring. Here is where you come in: I'm a layout girl. Meaning, I prefer layouts to mini albums, altered projects, or small items (cards and tags). But, these classes are not about me, they are about you. My question is - when you spend your scrapping dollars on a class, do you prefer to take home layouts or other projects (provided you receive ideas and inspiration from the whole class and not just the project you create) ?
Thanks in advance!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, hope you are doing great! Just thought I'd surprise you and comment on this.....

I'd rather bring home a layout or so if I know in advance the "theme" of the layouts so I can pull some photos and bring them along to actually "finish" my projects.

However, when I go to a class that has a small album or something like that, I'd prefer it to be something I can actually use or give to a loved one for a gift. For example, a small album would be something I'd like to make for a mother's day gift or father's day gift.

Just my 2 cents worth there friend!

Have a great weekend,

Donna

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Just wanted to chime in on this. I find myself taking a lot of mini-album classes, because they're so stinking cute. But then they usually sit around at home unfinished, because they don't fit in with my scrapping priorities. The good thing is that I always learn cool new techniques that I use in my 12x12 albums.

I do find myself wanting to take more 12x12 layout classes, as long as they'll work for the LOs I need to do for my family.

Was that a totally confusing answer or what? :-)

Anonymous said...

You know my answer to that! I like layouts, especially if they have stitching on them; faux stitching is okay, too. I agree with Donna.

Anonymous said...

I'm nowhere near you and I am not able to take your classes . . . .BUT You know, I think I would rather take home a mini album or some kind of project like that, reason being I would tend to take that out and look at it over and over for inspiration rather than taking a single page out again and again.

Jennifer Sizemore said...

I would almost always rather take home a mini album of home decor project. Actually, I almost never like to do 12 x 12 layouts in a class because I never end up using them. The big thing for me is that I must learn TECHNIQUE to make it valuable to me. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I always want to bring home layouts as well.

I especially like doing projects that challenge me to use the products in more than one way (i.e. 5 products used in a layout, card & maybe an accent). That's always fun and helps me think of doing things in a new way.

Anonymous said...

I have only taken one scrapbooking class and actually just signed up for your workshop at Scrappily Ever After based on the description, then decided to see if I could find out some info on the net. I would compare scrapbooking classes to the hand needlework or quilting classes I like to take. For me, it's all about the technique. Whether or not it's a full 12 x 12 layout, a small page layout, a gift card or mini-album, is it a technique that I would be likely to use on my own pages? Scrapbooking is my creative way of telling my family's story. So all the ideas I've seen in magazines, on TV or in classes are in my memory and when I'm working on a page something from somewhere sparks an idea. I love to learn, not necessarily complete a project...

Anonymous said...

I love the 12x12 layouts, learning some fun techniques, and actually leaving with a completed project. That's the best.

Anonymous said...

I prefer projects because it's actually something in hand that I've completed in a class. A layout is much more personal and the papers are determined by my pictures which I don't usually have with me in a class. Plus, I'm a very slow scrapper so trying to put together the "perfect" layout in just an hour kills me! lol!

Anonymous said...

I would much rather complete 12x12 layouts! I personally do not prefer projects nor mini albums. I am soooo disappointed you will not be coming to Scrap Etc. in November. Please, please try to come another time. You are my all-time favorite scrapper and it would be thrilling to take your classes.
Angie

TracieClaiborne said...

I prefer a small, completable project that makes me scrap something I normally wouldn't. Like all about me projects because I'm bad about scrapping all about me. LOL