Saturday, August 12, 2006

recent movies?

I'll admit it. I'm a pushover for a dance movie. Dirty Dancing is one of my all-time favorite movies (I enjoyed Save the Last Dance too, but Shall We Dance wasn't nearly as good). So the previews for Step Up look really good. I'm hoping to sweet talk the hubby into going with me to see it tonight. Keep in mind that to see a movie, we must first drive at least 45 minutes (another living in the boonies perk). It's worth it! I could also stop by Hobby Lobby and Books A Million while I'm there. So do you like movies? Anything else you recommend seeing soon? One of these days I'll get up the nerve to discuss my Pride and Prejudice obsession.....

4 comments:

Owl at Home said...

I never get to go to the movies. 8-( We have 3 different theaters within 20 minutes of our house, but we very rarely have a babysitter for our 3 yo daughter. The last movie I got to see in the theater was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

I haven't seen the new Pride and Prejudice yet. Did you like it? I loved the Colin Firth one soooo much I kind of never wanted to see another one again.

Valerie Salmon said...

Okay, you REALLY need to subscribe to Netflix, girl. LOL. No driving involved. Just walk to your mailbox. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Angelia,
I hope you were able to get out for a "date night" and see your movie...and to combine the "trip" to town with a stop at the Hobby Lobby and book store would make total sense...lol I can't comment on a good movie because we haven't taken the time to go to the movies in way too long...lol
Have a great week!!
Peg

Anonymous said...

Oh, do tell about your P&P obsession! I've only read the book once, and seen the Colin Firth movie a few times. But I could definitely see how it could become an obsession. Have you read Mr. Darcy Takes A Wife? If you're not a purist, it's *SO* good!