Tuesday, January 09, 2007

BHG Scrap-A-Faire registration is OPEN

Very exciting!! Some of my favorite scrappers are teaching online classes, and I can't wait to see what else Scrapbooks etc. has up their sleeves for this 5 day event. I've designed 2 classes called Supply Smarts - girl and boy versions. I was able to play with 2 of Chatterbox's Memory Building Kits. "Garden" for girl and "Guest Room" for boy. Since Chatterbox products have long been favorites of mine, it was fun to create with all the patterns and embellishments included in the kits. All I use in the class designs besides the Memory Building kit is cardstock. I wanted to show how you can take a group of supplies (in this case, a manufacturer kit) and get the most out of it. I use a variety of techniques and themes and create 3 layouts per class, with step by step photos, tips, and instructions. I've even included some bonus projects at the end for those leftovers.

There is a "Contact Us" banner at the site for help and info www.scrap-a-faire.com and I bet those guys know their stuff :) I'm still learning, too, as I've never taken an online class before. But if you have any questions about the event, the awesome classes offered, or how the online classes will work, just post and I'll do my best to answer.

2 comments:

Cara said...

oh, this sounds like sooo much fun!! I'm addicted to on-line classes. There are quite a few that look like my kind of class!! thanks for the heads up...

Anonymous said...

I have never taken an online class and do not understand how they work. Do you get the kit and instructions in the mail and then have access to be able to ask the teacher a question?
Thanks,
Michele