Thursday, August 31, 2006

bet you didn't know


Okay, time for another revealing post about myself. I bet you didn't know I was once hooked on heirloom sewing, embroidery, and smocking, did you? I still love it, but haven't done anything in regards to that hobby in some time. See that baby gown? I made that - from scratch. It has a matching slip, pearl buttons, entredeux, and bullion roses embroidered at the neck and hem. Michaela wore it home from the hospital. This baby album I designed is in Scrapbook Memorabilia by Cori Dahmen. Have you seen the book? It has tons of ideas for incorporating memorabilia into your scrapbook pages. Not my usual thing, but I must admit I enjoyed the challenge and I appreciate Cori for her confidence in me!

6 comments:

Dawn Stan said...

Hi Angelia, Not sure if you remember me but we used to email and met on two peas (SOL, Dawn from Down Under) many years ago. I found your blog from a link on Nic Chin's blog.

Gosh I can't believe how fast your girls have grown up. Mine are 12 and 8 now.

Great blog. I agree about blogger being a pain in being able to respond to people.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow that gown is sooooo gorgeous!! The album is too! Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I did know you liked to sew but, this....WOW, Angelia!! This is just amazing...what a talent! I know these will be cherished by your girls! julie m

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm your biggest fan, so I did know you were an incredible seamstress! When my mom was teaching me to sew, I know she said 1,000 times, "It's the little details that make it look nice." That totally carries over into the gorgeous details on your scrapbook layouts. :-) Have a great long weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hello Angelia, I'm one of those "unidentified" blog readers. I enjoy your work and love seeing you post it on your blog...so inspiring.

I too love heirloom sewing. However, I have 4 children, 6,4 2, and 1 so the possibility of me actually accomplishing something is remote. I love the mag Sew Beautiful and drool over every edition...just no time to create. The newest edition has the CUTEST Humpty Dumpty smocked dress...love it.

Owl at Home said...

That is really lovely! Cori rocks, doesn't she?