
That is what I call it. My husband knows what I'm talking about...maybe noone else would. But, I do know there are fellow P&P movie lovers out there :D So I mentioned in a past blog post that I would tell about my P&P "thing". It's not an obsession. It's a love (albeit an unconventional one, for me at least.) It all started last December. I had seen the previews for the movie, and thought it looked interesting. I'm always up for a good love story. I had not read the book, and hadn't seen any of the earlier versions (lots of folks adore the 6 hr. Colin Firth A&E version). I invited my sister to attend with me. We made a night of it - eating Mexican food, talking, laughing, and enjoying the "no kids" part for a few hours :) And we saw P&P (#1). I loved, loved, loved it. She thought it was really good too. A couple weeks later, I convinced dh to attend with me (#2). Even he enjoyed it (but he wouldn't want anyone to know it). The following week, I saw a matinee (#3). You have to know - I live an hour from the movie theater, and I've never in my life seen a movie more than once in the theater. So, it's early January by now, and the movie is leaving this theater in 2 days...so dh rolls his eyes and takes the girls to see something they would like, while I see P&P (#4). That should have been enough, yes? You would THINK. But, my birthday is January 11th, and I found out that P&P was playing in a town 2 hours from me...a town with a large mall, a Target, and a scrapbook store that I had never visited. So, for my birthday, I drove over and spent the day shopping...and seeing P&P (#5, and the last in the theater). It sounds ridiculous - I know it does! But, I didn't (and don't) care. I have the dvd, and I've watched it 7 or 8 times since February. I have the soundtrack on my Ipod shuffle, and love it (so do the girls!) Can I explain it? No. Do I try? Not usually, lol. I just know I'm not alone, and it was worth every penny to make all those trips. To just ENJOY something for the pure fun of it, whether it made any sense or not...it was such a great feeling. So, see the movie, listen to the soundtrack, and fall in love with P&P.
PS. I did watch the A&E version....not so good. I did TRY to read the book...really not so good (and I usually love books much better than movies.) It was something special about that movie, the actors, the music, the settings....




8 comments:
OHHHHHH.
my movie
mine. mine. mine.
ok, you can share. just because i like you so much. i have to search my blog archives for my post on P&P. i still love it after all this time.
love you!
wilna
xxx
I love, love, love this story! I've seen the A&E version, the PBS version and the movie version (bought the DVD the day it came out and watched the same day!) It is my favorite love story! We have such good taste! Donna M.
Liz loves it as well. Who knows how many times she's seen it. Multiple viewings are not uncommon for her, though. She and Parish have seen Pirates of the Carribean 4 times at the theater so far!! When the Pirates DVD comes out, I guess it will be Pirates one night and P&P the next!
I'm going to have to watch that movie! I have seen - and love - the A&E version. I have a goal to read the novel. But I *do* want to watch this versiou too! Maybe soon! ~Heather
finally having a few moments to catch up on your blog - and ah well you know what I think on this topic....thanks for sharing the journey with me earlier this year....I understand you 100% about this movie.....which reminds me I havent watched it for a while...must treat myself over the weekend!
hugs
Daph
Ok, I now HAVE to see this movie... There's been no hype at all over here in France, so I haven't heard much about it. I did read the book and loved it. It's usually DH that goes to the movie store, but I think it's my turn ;)
Hi Angelia,
I read your blog every few days to see some of your beautiful work. I just had to try to (I have no blogger account) on this entry, though, because I love P&P, too! However, as an English teacher, I have read the novel several times. I "forced" my dh to watch it at the movies with me, and he and a chemistry professor (who is married to an English professor) were the only men there!
I took one of your classes in Florence back a few years ago. I love your work!
Amy
I loooove P&P but haven't actually seen that version. I think the book starts out a bit tough, but gets waaayy better and more interesting at some point, and then you're dying to finish it. Could the story be any more romantic?!?! Have you seen Sense and Sensibility, Emma, and Perusion? If not, you must!
Post a Comment